YouTuber Jake Paul is keeping on challenging his opponents and haters.
On March 3, Paul, who gave a start to his boxing career last year, went to Instagram with a shot that shows him wearing boxing outfits plus gloves and announced that he would go on boxing with a new match on April 17, even though he did not reveal the opponent. After this short announcement, he addressed Mexican professional boxer Canelo Alvarez.
Stating that he loves boxing more than anything, Paul began his message by expressing how much he respects the sport. The YouTuber, who said that he dedicated his life to boxing over the past two years, also expressed that his goal is “to continue to learn, grow, and elevate with every fight.” He continued:
“What I don’t respect is the haters who try to discredit what I am doing… Haters who have said I am disrespecting the sport… Haters who are supposed to be the biggest draw in boxing but can’t even fulfill their contract because the media company wasn’t making a return on its investment…”
Then the media personality directly addressed the Mexican fighter, Alvarez by implying that he tested positive for steroids, and continued his message as follows:
“Haters like… Canelo Alvarez… Straight hater… I’m two years into this sport….you have been at it for 18 years, yet my pay going up and yours is going down.. so focus on you and your brand and keep my name out of your mouth…. and in a few years, maybe ill give you a chance to increase your pay again…”
Paul concluded his words by saying that he would continue his boxing career with the matches with Jermell Charlo, Caleb Plant, David Benavidez, Demetrius “Boo Boo” Andrade, and Andre Ward. Head this way to view the mentioned Instagram post.